FAQs About Flannel Bed Sheets
See the superior difference in snuggly flannel bed sheets
In those frigid months of winter, you may want to swap out your Egyptian cotton bed sheets for something a little cozier. Nothing makes a December bed more inviting than a set of flannel bed sheets, but be aware of some FAQs about flannel bed sheets before tucking into your snowy slumber.
- Q: Where can I find the thread count for flannel sheets?
- A: With most bed sheets, the important thing to note is the thread count; however, flannel does not include a thread count. Instead, the quality and softness of flannel bed sheets are determined by "fabric quality." This is expressed as an ounce per yard ratio – with the best flannel sheets at 5 to 6 ounces per yard.
- Q: How important is quality for flannel bed sheets?
- A: The temptation may be strong to scrimp on flannel sheets; if you are not paying for high thread count luxury, why pay more? With this attitude, you end up with flannel bed sheets that wear out quickly and fade even faster. Flannel bed sheets get more comfortable over time, and quality flannel has the durability to last for years.
- Q: What is the proper way to care for flannel bed sheets?
- A: When caring for flannel bed sheets, wash them with cool and warm water to keep fibers soft and colors vibrant. Avoid using harsh detergents on your flannel bed sheets, and dry them thoroughly on the lowest heat setting. Bed sheets with yarn-dyed fibers as opposed to a traditional printed pattern have increased durability and comfort.